Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Moving and correcting

Well this morning I went into our sunroom and thought it would probably be best for me to move the Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as tomato, out of the acid plant bin, as it requires alkaline soil. When I lifted it however, I noticed its roots were far past growing out. So, remembering that I planted some Allium sativum, garlic, a few days ago, and garlic being a good companion plant for tomatoes, I planted this tomato plant outside.
I would however like to correct a statement I made in my first post. I was looking up hardiness of poinsettias and realized that they are subtropical shrubs. They can only survive in zone 10-11 making them only good as indoor plants for most of us. Because they are tropical plants you can also guess they like acidic soils. Most tropical soil is acidic while inlands are more alkaline.
If any of you have questions just send me a message and I'll answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment