Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer time

Well hello my followers! I am quite excited today! First off I just finished finals and I am now on summer break but I also have some new plants that I will be planting. First I have a Canna x generalis 'Hello Yellow.' It is a tropical plant that with heavy mulching can survive our winters. I got it for my moms birthday yesterday. I also bought some lovely sage at the UMD Farmers Market. It smells SO nice. I've also bought some cilantro which I planted with the parsley and bell pepper. Today I bought an Itea virginica 'Little Henry.' I will be planting that down in a place that occasionally gets swampy. Then I got some pumpkin seeds which I will plant next week. I am also trying my first stem propagation. The plant is Aucuba japonica 'Variegata' gold dust aucuba. It loves shade and I plan on planting it on the north side of our house. I made some "willow water" the other day. You can make by essentially brewing a cup of willow branch tea. Take green stems from any willow and take the leaves off them brew the stems overnight and strain it in the morning.
In addition to getting more plants, the plants I have are doing well as well. I was just outside and saw my tomato plant forming its first little tomato. Additionally the carrots are sprouting up right under it. Over on the side of the house the chamomile is leafing out. Lastly, the aloe vera plant (I can't remember if I told about that) which we have in our sun room has sprouted a little sucker (literally). Everything is going great in the Jenny garden.
My birthday is also in less than a month and I believe my parents are going to buy me a greenhouse for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment