Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Plants Galore!

Well hello peeps. I have been given even more plants by my professor and couldn't be more excited! First off these honey locust, Gleditsia triacanthos, are now in individual tubelets as I call them and in my possession. Like the Cercis canadensis it is a native member of the Fabaceae family. I will be growing 9 of these. In addition to these I received a much larger basil and a new stronger tomato plant. The last edible thing is a green bell pepper plant but my list doesn't stop their. I received some wonderful landscape plants, who's names are escaping me right now. They are annuals but they are pretty and I look forward to planting them.
In addition to these plants I got for free, the other day I bought some seeds from a gardening store, Benhke's Nursery, in Beltsville MD. I bought carrot seeds, lettuce seeds and chamomile seeds. Starting today is the start of corn planting season so I may buy some corn seeds as well. I planted the carrots in a large pot which I have been planting my other plants in. I will take pictures in later posts. Its coming around quite nicely. Literally right after I planted them our area got plenty of rain and mist which was great for the plants. 
When I get home today I will be taking out the not so well tomato and planting the nice healthier one. I am also planning on planting the Lavender by our fence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment